top of page
Maria Tsamis Interior Design + Consulting
Ask This Old House
Little Lambs International
Senior Manager / 3D Art Director/ Senior 3D Interior Stylist
● Clients included: Kelly Clarkson Home, Samsung, Joss & Main, Perigold, Birch Lane, AllModern, Wayfair Home Brand, Wayfair Exclusive Brands
● Art Directed 200+ product shots per month across Wayfair Exclusive Brands. Provided art direction and feedback one-on-one and in team critiques.
● Collectively led 25 Imagery Stylists and grew creative talent.
● Seamlessly merged business goals with high caliber creative output. Ideated a data set analyzing Wayfair Proprietary Imagery vs. Supplier Imagery which informed new standards for the 3D team in order to execute effective and elevated product shots.
● Proven ability to work across various levels and with business stakeholders. Collaborated with Head of Imagery, Creative Directors, Art Directors, Head of 3D Operations, Engineering Leads, 3D Artists, 3D Modelers, Lighting & Soft Goods Specialists, Imagery Stylists, Graphic Designers, Merchandisers, Brand Managers, and Producers.
● Created branding and concepting for Wayfair Exclusive Brand launches (Andover Mills, Steelside, & Wayfair Basics), as well as Wayfair’s traditional LPP items.
● Led teams of Stylists, Artists, Lighting Specialists, and Modelers during the design, execution, and implementation of creative direction, 3D props, architecture sets, and imagery for Wayfair Exclusive Brands, Specialty Retail Brands, and external clients.
● Established creative direction (LookBook) for off-shore 3D Imaging Partners to align with in-house services and standards.
Manager / 3D Interior Stylist
● Integral leader in building and developing the 3D Imagery Creative team. Established and implemented training programs and workshops department-wide for onboarding new Stylists. Hired and trained over 25 Stylists.
● Expert Stylist using 3ds Max software, as well as a traditional photo studio setting, to produce lifestyle, conceptual, and product shot imagery across Wayfair Exclusive Brands & Specialty Retail Brands. Styled across B2C & B2B (contract, interior design, hospitality, education) campaigns. Composed imagery for multiple pipelines (print, web & social). Executed 100+ product shots and 20 lifestyles per month.
● Managed 8 Imagery Stylists and grew creative talent, skill sets, and brand knowledge.
● Strategized workflows, uncovered efficiencies, and executed 3D testing. Initial Stylist and key member in developing automation imagery pipelines. Created 18 templates across 3 different product classes (art, rugs, pillows) for automated swap-ins outputting 18,000 product shots per month & preserving $3.6MM per month ($200 per image).
● Developed preliminary creative concepting, merchandising, and style direction for Perigold’s e-commerce brand launch.
Interior Designer / Consultant
● Gained, designed, and executed projects ranging from residential to small scale commercial.
● Managed all projects from concept to installation.
● Ensured all projects were completed on time and on budget.
● Guest studio critic for New England School of Art & Design's final Commercial & Retail Design project.
● Interior Design Consultant for Occipital’s new 3D scanning & spatial computing device, Structure Sensor, during Beta testing phase.
Interior Designer / Self
Featured in an episode of “Ask This Old House.” The segment is based on forward thinking processes and solutions for the design world. Involvement was based on a collaboration with Occipital, the developers of Structure Sensor.
● Integral member of a small team at a high-end furniture consignment & art shop in Boston’s South End.
● Collaborated with a high volume of local artists, businesses, consignors and customers.
● Hosted events to promote local artists.
● Created attractive store displays & vignettes.
● Built & developed website for business.
● Interviewed, hired, trained and managed staff. Streamlined tasks to increase productivity & managed daily operations.
● Implemented marketing strategies for customer growth and retention (wishlist items, newsletters, digital & social media posts/campaigns, store events, store displays, art shows).
● Doubled gross monthly revenue.
● Managed, interviewed, hired, trained, and staffed 40+ associates for the company.
● Maintained efficiency in daily operations and a positive experience for all employees & guests.
● Aligned with Senior Leadership, Executives, and Investment Group to minimize business costs.
Designed sketches, drawings, and 3D renderings for the initial stages of Little Lambs International campus in Jalapa, Guatemala whose mission is to help orphaned children worldwide.
Interior Designer / Project Manager
● Interior Designer on Eisai Research Institute’s North Renovation (Gallery & Conference Rooms).
● Coordinated with vendors & contractors during the design process through installation.
● Project Manager of a $3 million finishes project for Michigan State University’s College of Human Medicine, The Secchia Center.
● Designed floor plan layouts, selected furniture & finishes, built out construction drawing sets.
● Collaborated with clients and well-known architecture firms from the phases of Schematic Design through Construction Administration.
● Other project involvements included higher educational facilities, laboratories, hospitals, corporate offices, and residences
bottom of page